2 Bunches Ponnaganti Aaku
1/4 Cup Toor Dal / Kandi Pappu
1 pinch turmeric Powder
1 sp Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
For Popu :
1/2 sp Mustard seeds
1/4 sp Cumin seeds
1 Red Chilli crocked
2 sp Oil
- Clean and pluck ponnaganti aaku from the stems and wash throughly.
- Chop them into small pieces & keep aside.
- Wash and half cook toor dal and strain.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry for 2mins.
- Add curry leaves, chapped ponnaganti aaku and stir well.
- Sprinkle little water & add salt, turmeric powder & mix well.
- Cover and cook until the ponnaganti leaves are soft.
- Once the leaves are soft add cooked toor dal and stir.
- And then add red chilli powder and stir well, fry for 4 or 5mins on low flame.
- After 5mins remove from the flame & transfer into a serving bowl.
- Ponnaganti & kandi pappu podi kura is ready to serve.