200 gr Tamarind
200 gr Salt
1 sp Turmeric powder
2 sp Methi seeds
2 sp Mustard seeds
3 Red chillies (crocked)
250 gr Oil
- Clean Fresh Red chillies with a clean cloth and cut into small pieces.
- Now grind all the pieces along with salt & turmeric powder.
- Clean and remove seeds from the tamarind.
- Add to chilli paste and mix, let it soak for 2 or 3 days.
- Roast Methi seeds,Mustard seeds and grind into a fine powder.
- On third day the tamarind is soft again grind the chilli mix.
- Add mustard powder, methi powder and stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, let them splutter
- Add crocked red chillies and turn of the stove.
- Let it cool to room temperature then add to chilli pickle.
- Store in a dry air tight container, this pickle will stay for 1 year.
- serve with rice, idli, dosa.