- 1 bowl Puffed Rice
- 1 Potato finely chopped
- 1 Carrot grated
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Take a wide bowl with water and add the puffed rice.
- Soak for a while and then squeeze out the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry for 2 mins.
- Add chopped onion, green chillis, curry leaves and fry.
- Add chopped carrot, aloo pieces and stir, cover & cook until soft.
- Then add puffed rice, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook on low flame with cover for couple of mins and stir well.
- Maramarala upma is ready to serve, transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.